Monday, February 22, 2010

Recruiting


(Prov 16:29 NASB) A man of violence entices his neighbor and leads him in a way that is not good.


Here Solomon continues to explain the wicked acts of the man of Belial. Now he tells us that the man of Belial is a “violent man.” The Hebrew word used for violent in this verse is chamas. This word is also translated as forceful and malicious. Vines Expository Dictionary of the Old Testament says the following about this word: “Basically chamas connotes the disruption of the divinely established order of things.”

So, in context, Solomon is describing a troublemaker who forcefully attempts others to join him or her in their troublemaking; seeking to disrupt God’s order and God’s best. Not only is this person a sinner, but they are not content to sin alone and they don’t just want others to come along, they force them to do so.

So what does this mean to you? Several things:

1. The devil has many people that are completely committed to His way of living: There is no shortage of sinners in the world; not even of those who are not ashamed of sinning. I, for one, used to be a good sinner. When I was living without God, I did so with fervor and zeal. I was not a borderline sinner, I was a hardcore sinner, but I was not proud of it. I still attempted to at least maintain the appearance of being a good and Godly person. But there are many people in the world, like the one Solomon describes, who not only live in sin, but they boldly and unashamedly seek to influence others to do the same.

2. The kingdom of darkness has their recruiters: It’s one thing to live in sin because you are deceived, but there are many sinners who have a clear understanding of what they are doing. Not only do they sin on purpose, but they become recruiters for satan; seeking to bring as many along with them as possible.

3. You must be ready to resist: James said, “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (4:7). If you attempt to live your life for God, then you WILL be tempted and even targeted. You must be prepared to submit to God and to resist satan. Resist the enemies’ advances with all your heart. If you give the devil your attention for five seconds, he will have your mind for five minutes (or more). Peter said, “Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour” (1st Peter 5:8). Make no mistake, the devil WILL find people to devour, just don’t let it be you and don’t allow yourself to be forced into anything by the people Solomon describes in our text.

4. Use the same Zeal: Just like I did not play around when I lived in sin, I am not playing around now. I hope you are not either. Use the same passion, fervor, and zeal that you once had for the things of the world and turn it around for God. Paul persecuted the church with all his might, but then the Lord got a hold of him. Once Paul was converted, he used that same passion – that he was using against God – to work FOR God!

5. Become a recruiter for God: If the enemy is going to have recruiters (and he does), then it stands to reason that God will too. God is looking for men and women to boldly, unabashedly, and unashamedly represent Him in the earth. Will you sign up for Godly recruiting duty? Will you allow God to use you to lead others to Him? Don’t be ashamed of what God has done in your life. Passionately share it with others and God will use your testimony for His glory!

Father, I realize that the enemy has people on his team that are willing to boldly and unashamedly recruit for his side. They seek to coerce people into sin daily and they do it without apology. Well, since I know You are looking for men and women to do the same for Your Kingdom, I declare, by faith, that I will sign up for the assignment. Us me Father to share Your love and light with others. I will unashamedly tell of Your goodness. Just like I used to be a good sinner, I shall be an even better believer. I will evangelize for You with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I am not ashamed of what You have done I my life and I will tell it everywhere I go! In Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment