Tuesday, May 19, 2009


You CAN Make it!

(Prov 11:8 MSG) A good person is saved from much trouble; a bad person runs straight into it.

This morning we continue our series, In this verse Solomon contrasts the believer’s and unbeliever’s interaction with trouble. Let’s look at some of the differences:

God is WITH US as we face the challenges: Now, let me say up front that we all face challenges in life. Jesus Himself said, “I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world” (John 16:33 MSG).

Did you catch that? Although Jesus did acknowledge the fact that we will experience difficulties, He also said that if we trust Him we will be unshakable, assured, and deeply at peace as we face them. Therein lies the difference between the believer and the unbeliever. We face the challenges with God – with the assurance that He will never leave us, nor forsake us (Heb 13:5) – while they face the challenges by themselves. We can face every challenge head-on, because we know that the Father is WITH US every step of the way. I like to say, “With God we are never hopeless, because with God we are never helpless!”

2. We face the challenges IN FAITH: As believers we are called and commanded to live by faith (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11, Heb 10:38). This means that we should enter every day with complete confidence in God and in His Word. We trust that He will manifest Himself in our lives daily and we also realize that our faith will be tested. James said, “The testing of your faith develops perseverance” (James 1:3 NIV). Peter said, “Dear brothers, do not be surprised, as if it was something strange, if your faith is tested as by fire” (1st Peter 4:12 BBE). So we don’t get surprised when a challenge arises. We face the challenge head-on, determined to trouble our trouble BY FAITH; fully expecting to come out on top! Unbelievers do not have this confidence.

3. God will not ALLOW us to be pushed PAST our limit: In our focus text Solomon told us that a good person (a person walking with God) is saved from much trouble. Why? Because God knows how much is too much and He will intervene before we get to our breaking point. Paul said, “No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it” (1st Cor 10:13 MSG). Personally, this truth is a well of encouragement for me. I remind myself of this verse whenever I face a challenge and I tell myself, “God is trusting me with this. He believes I can take this and since He does, I believe it too. With God I will come out on top!”

So what does this mean? I pray this lesson serves as a source of encouragement to you. I was just talking to an employee here about Iraq. That is his home and he was telling me that we as Americans are so lucky and we don’t even realize how luck we are. He went on to say that in Iraq, people are hurting so badly. They miss their families that have been killed or are missing or have been deployed to the war zone, they because they are in a war zone, and stress can take its burden.
He said here in America people are struggling with the economy and a seemingly uncertain future. Which is better???

I deal with hurting people all the time and I pray that if you are hurting this morning that this message serves as a reminder to you that YOU CAN MAKE IT! If you are facing it, then you can handle it. God is with you and He will never leave you. He won’t allow you to be pushed past your limit! Face this day head-on, IN FAITH!

Father, I thank You for reminding me this morning that I CAN make it! I enter this day with fearless confidence. I know that You are in me, on me, with me, and for me! You will never leave me nor forsake me. You will never allow me to be pushed past my limit. If I am facing it, then I can take it, and I declare by faith that I will. I am an overcomer and I will come over every challenge! I trouble my trouble BY FAITH! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment