Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Three Hebrew Boys



(Dan 3:15 CEV) “Now I am going to give you one more chance. If you bow down and worship the statue when you hear the music, everything will be all right. But if you don't, you will at once be thrown into a flaming furnace. No god can save you from me."

Before we close out this series I am going to take you through several Biblical stories where the Warrior Spirit was on display. We start off in Daniel chapter three where we learn of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

These three young men were actually Israelite salves who had been promoted to leaders under the reign of king Nebuchadnezzar. But Nebuchadnezzar, in an act of overzealous pride, ordered a gold statue to be built that was 90ft. tall and 9ft. wide. The king commanded his governors, advisors, treasurers, judges, and other officials to come from everywhere in his kingdom for the dedication of the statue. After all were present an official stood up and announced the fact that music would soon start playing. Once the music started, everyone present was to bow down and worship the statue.

Anyone who refused to bow down would be immediately thrown into a flaming furnace.

This posed a major challenge for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. While they were experiencing success in Babylon, they knew that it was only because of the favor of the Lord was upon them. As good Jews they knew good and well that worshipping an idol was strictly forbidden. So they had a decision to make. They could either please their God and displease the king or they could please the king and displease their God. What a dilemma! Especially when things were seemingly going well for them. So what were they to do? Violating Nebuchadnezzar’s command was punishable by death.

These three guys had a Warrior Spirit. They would rather face the death penalty than to go against their God. When the music played they refused to bow. Sure enough, there were some Babylonians who were jealously watching the Hebrew boys, looking for an opportunity to accuse them. These men approached the king and said, “Your Majesty, we hope you live forever! You commanded everyone to bow down and worship the gold statue when the music played. And you said that anyone who did not bow down and worship it would be thrown into a flaming furnace. Sir, you have appointed three men to high positions in Babylon Province, but they have disobeyed you. Those Jews, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, refuse to worship your gods and the statue you have set up.”

King Nebuchadnezzar was furious and confronted the three boys. He said, “I hear that you refuse to worship my gods and the gold statue I have set up. I am going to give you one more chance. If you bow down and worship the statue when you hear the music, everything will be all right. But if you don't, you will at once be thrown into a flaming furnace. No god can save you from me.” We will continue this story tomorrow.

So what does this mean to you ? Let’s seek to glean a few golden nuggets:

1. You can expect your share of ‘haters’ when the Father blesses you with supernatural success – these guys were prosperous slaves!

2. Even when given several chances, refuse to compromise your faith – they stood strong.

3. The enemy’s poison can’t stop your purpose – they made it out on top in the end.

4. Don’t allow anyone to dishonor your faith or your God – Nebuchadnezzar said that no god could save them from him, basically placing himself over their God.

5. Face every attack head on – being a Christian does not mean that you need to be a wimp. When you have the Warrior Spirit you can operate with Holy Boldness!

Father, I thank You for helping me to develop a Warrior Spirit. I operate in faith in every area of my life. I seek to maximize every opportunity and I am not apologetic about the success you bless me to experience. I know Godly success will attract ‘haters,’ but I am not concerned about their attacks. My confidence is in You and in Your protection. Even if they attack my faith, I will never back down. I refuse to compromise what I believe in. I am a child of the Most High God and I know that My God is able to handle every situation that comes my way this day and every day. I In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment: