Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Woman with the Issue of Blood (Part III)





(Mark 5:25-29 GNB) There was a woman who had suffered terribly from severe bleeding for twelve years, even though she had been treated by many doctors. She had spent all her money, but instead of getting better she got worse all the time. She had heard about Jesus, so she came in the crowd behind him, saying to herself, "If I just touch his clothes, I will get well." She touched his cloak, and her bleeding stopped at once; and she had the feeling inside herself that she was healed of her trouble.

We have been dealing with this woman for a few days now and the more I preach/teach this story the more enamored I am about this woman. Let's take a closer look at what she did to get out of her stressful situation:

1. She Heard: The Bible tells us that "Faith comes by hearing" (Ro 10:17). Many people do not allow their faith to grow, willfully closing themselves off to the things of God, because of the pain of their past. If you want to talk about pain, this woman is the 'poster child.' She was in a terrible condition - physically, emotionally, and socially - but amazingly enough she was willing to remain 'open' to hear about a man who could change her life.

Many people who are scarred, frustrated, and disillusioned with their circumstances close themselves off to the world and to any glimpse of hope. They have been hurt so many times by people claiming to be able to help that they give up completely and resign themselves to their condition. We should all learn from this woman. She had been disappointed time and time again, but she remained open and she was willing to listen, with a believing heart, about a man named Jesus!
If you are in a bad situation this morning you need to make sure you don't close yourself off to God and keep going to church. You need to be connected to a church that is preaching the Gospel and the power of God. The words you hear from the pulpit may be exactly what you need to hear to help get you out of your situation, but you must be open to hear the Word, and to hear it with a believing heart!

2. She Believed: I cannot emphasize this enough. Many who are hurt by 'life' become critical of everything they hear. This woman did not hear with a critical ear, she heard with a believing ear, and there is a BIG difference. You must be able to BELIEVE that God can manifest His glory in your situation, because if you don't believe, you will never operate in faith and faith is what is required for your breakthrough! Don't allow the pain of your past to rob you of your future.

3. She made a Faith Confession: The power of death and life is in the tongue (Prov 18:21). Instead of complaining about her past, this woman spoke faith-filled words - speaking her desired outcome instead of her present condition. You, God, and satan all know what your present condition is. Speaking the problem just helps condition your mind to keep you there. But when you have the faith to verbalize the outcome, out loud, unashamedly, then those words of faith help ignite the internal faith you will require to cross over from confession to action! If you have been speaking the problem, over and over again, STOP today! Negative words don't help. Start speaking life - confess the Word over your situation!

4. She Acted in Faith: Wow! She did not just speak a good game; she actually acted upon what she said! This is where most believers fall short. It is one thing to speak life and not death, to speak your desired outcome, to name it and claim it; but when the rubber meets the road and the water hits the wheel, it comes time to Act upon what it is that we have spoken. We will get deeper into this tomorrow, but suffice is to say that she broke out of her shell and broke into the crowd to get to Jesus and touch His clothes - just like she said she could and would!

Father, I thank You for this revelation. I declare, by faith, that I am open to hear whatever You desire to say to me today. You speak to me through Your Word, Your Spirit, in prayer, and through others. My ears are anointed to hear what You desire to say to me and I refuse to sacrifice my future because of the pain of my past. Not only do I hear, but I hear with a believing heart. I am a believer and not a doubter. I believe You can do all things and I also believe that all things are possible for me! I declare my expected end, by faith, in accordance with Your Word, and I believe that I will have what I say. But I also know that I must add action to my words. Not only do I have faith in my lips, but I also have faith in my legs and I am prepared to DO whatever is required of me to bring to pass Your best for my life! In Jesus' name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment