Wednesday, June 3, 2009


Finding Life!

(Prov 11:19,20 NLT) Godly people find life; evil people find death. The LORD detests people with crooked hearts, but He delights in those with integrity.

In this passage Solomon drives home the contrast between the Godly and the evil, between those that walk in integrity and those that possess crooked hearts.

He plainly says that the Godly find life, whereas the evil find death. This is not just a reference to eternal life and eternal damnation, but to the quality of life that we can enjoy NOW, in the earth. Jesus said, “The thief comes only in order to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come in order that you might have life – life in all its fullness” (John 10:10 GNB).

Jesus made it clear that He came for one purpose and that our enemy (the devil) comes for a completely different purpose. The enemy wants to take from us; Jesus wants to give to us. What does Jesus was to give us? John 10:10 tells us that He not only came to give us life (eternal), but He also came that we might be able to live life in all its fullness – right now, in the earth. Other translations say, “Life More Abundantly!”

This takes us back to Solomon. Godly people – those that walk in integrity, that commune with God, and that seek to live their lives by His Word – are people who literally find life. Not only do they possess eternal life in Christ, but their daily journey through life takes them down the path of God’s expected and desired life.

I often say, “Yes, God wants you to make it to heaven, but He also wants you to enjoy the ride.” If all Jesus came to give me was access to heaven, then I could die right now. But no, God is not through with me, and if you are reading this email, then He is not through with you either. He has things for you to do in the earth and as you do them, as you walk down His desired path, as you seek to live a life that is pleasing to Him, you will encounter life (the God-kind of life) along the way.

Solomon tells us that God, “Delights in those with integrity.” When our life is delightful to God, we will experience delight from God. We will be able to walk in His best every day of our lives. Does that mean that we will not face challenges? Of course not. But it does means that we will never have to face the challenges alone! We will face every challenge head-on, knowing that God is with us and for us!

So what does this mean? It means that as the Godly, as the person who walks in integrity, this passage tells you that you can expect to find life (the God-kind of life) on your journey. Enter this day with great expectations. Expect the best and not the worst. Expect good and not evil. Expect to experience life in all its fullness! Be on the lookout for ways that God wants to show you His goodness, kindness, and mercy. I have learned that you often find what you are looking for, so be sure to look for God’s best today!

Father, I thank You for all that You have done for me. Not only did You send Your Son Jesus to die, that I might live eternally, but He died that I might live life in all its fullness RIGHT NOW! I am the Godly in this text. I am the person who walks in integrity and I declare, by faith, that I find life – Your life – as I live out my life. I expect Your Blessing to flow for me. I expect Your goodness and mercy to pursue me all the days of my life. I expect Your best every day, in every way. I am on the lookout for ways that You want to bless me and for ways that You want to use me to be a blessing to others! In Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment