Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Joy of being Used By God!




(Prov 15:23 NIrV) Joy is found in giving the right answer. And how good is a word spoken at the right time!

This morning we continue our current series, There is no doubt in my mind that Solomon was constantly sought after for advice; he is considered by many to be the wisest man (outside of Jesus) to ever live.

Solomon knew the joy you experience when you are able to provide an answer to someone who is facing a tough challenge. When you give the right answer, to the right person, at the right time, for the right reasons, with the right motives, God is able to meet the other persons needs through you and the entire experience is awesome. The Contemporary English Version of this verse reads:

“Giving the right answer at the right time makes everyone happy.”

As a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ I know first-hand how awesome it is to speak a timely word into someone’s life.

Ministry takes place when divine resources, meet human needs, through loving channels, to the glory of God.

When God speaks through me, to someone else, and that Word is exactly what he or she needed to hear, it becomes a blessing to them, but it is also a blessing to me. You can’t help but BE blessed when you allow the Father to use you to BE a blessing.

I will use an analogy of a reservoir and the pipe. No matter what room I am in, imagine that God has a huge reservoir of water just above the ceiling of the room and that the water represents God’s Blessing.

Imagine the room filled with people. God has His Blessing above the room and there are people in the room that He wants to bless. The problem is that there is a space between the Blessing (that God wants to release) and the people (who want to receive).

Oftentimes God is looking for someone to bridge the gap between the two. When God wants to operate in the earth He looks for someone to cooperate with Him.

When we become that person we become like a pipe that connects to the ceiling. To make a point imagine that I raise one hand up to the ceiling as if it were connecting to the water. I then point the other hand to you as if I am aiming the Blessing at you. When we allow God to use us, we literally become the conduit through which He is able to Bless someone else. The water (or the Blessing) flows through us onto the people.

That way God is pleased because He wanted to bless the people and the people are pleased because they needed to hear what God just said to them through you.

But you may be thinking, “But what about me?” Remember, I became the pipe. I became the conduit. I became the vessel. Yes, you are right, and this is where this verse comes in. I close out the analogy by saying; “The water can’t pass through the pipe, without the pipe getting wet too!” Glory to God! It’s a reminder that when we allow God to use us TO BE a blessing, that we also get blessed.

So what does this mean to you ? It means that you can (and should) find joy in BEING a blessing to someone else. The first promise Jehovah gave to Abraham was that He was going to bless him SO THAT he could BE a blessing to others. Why do you read these emails? Why do you read your Bible? Why do you pray? I assume it is because you want to grow. So then, why do you want to grow? It should be SO THAT you can BE a blessing to others.

Seek to be used of God today to speak a Word that will change someone for the better!

Father, I thank You for developing me, so that I can be a channel through which You develop others. I am blessed TO BE a blessing and I will be a blessing to others today! You give me the wisdom to speak the right word, at the right time, to the right person, with the right motives, so that ministry can take place. I declare, by faith, that I am a channel through which You bless others on a daily basis. I am the pipe. You use me to pour Your Blessing on all those I come in contact with. And when You do, I rejoice in the fact that the pipe gets wet too! I find pure Joy in being used of You, for Your Glory! In Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment