Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Positive Change


This is Debra


(Prov 15:30 GNB) Smiling faces make you happy, and good news makes you feel better.

This morning we continue our current series In this verse Solomon tells us something that is both simple and profound. There is no deep revelation in realizing that smiles are contagious or that good news has a positive effect on people, but the more you think about it, the more you can see how God can use you as an agent of positive change in the earth.

The Father expects us to be the light of the world (that shines in the midst of darkness, see Mat 5:14) and the salt of the earth (that serves as preserver of our environment, see Mat 5:13). However, we cannot be light and salt if all people ever see in us is doom and gloom. Peter said, “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have” (1st Peter 3:15), but no one will ever ask to you give them a reason for your hope if they cannot SEE it.

If all others ever see in you is problems, then they will never come to you, because the world is full of problems. They need to see something in you that they do not have. They need to be drawn by the difference in you.

The lost are looking for light, salt, and hope and God is looking for men and women who will sign up to be just that for Him in the earth; agents of Godly change, vessels of Godly hope, conduits of eternal love.

I was drawn to the person who led me to Christ Debra because of her beaming countenance; I always arrived with a frown on my face and a negative attitude in my heart. Debra was already positive, smiling, and ready for the day. I remember thinking to myself, “What is wrong with this lady?” But I could definitely tell that she was different. She had something that I did not have and when it came time for me to search for God, I did not have to look far. I found God through Debra because she was willing to be the light I needed in a dark time in my life. She was the conduit through which God exposed His love towards me

Debra and I are still friends to this day and she is still as positive now as she was then. She has not changed, but I sure have. I have become for others what she was for me. I have come across countless people who have told me how much they appreciated the fact that I always carried myself in a positive way. I arrived at our office each morning with a smile on my face, a spring in my step, and a song in my heart. Why? Because my morning starts ay 8am and by then I had been up for hours. I would get up at 5:30am, pray, write Today’s Word, and then prepare for the day. By the time I arrived at work I was on fire and ready to be used of God for His glory.

This enabled me to make the positive impact in the lives of others that the Father desired for me to make. The Father was able to use me to minister to many of those that I worked with, because I allowed Him to shine through me. Will you to the same today?

So what does this mean to you ? It means that when a person exudes God’s goodness – in both verbal and non-verbal ways – God is able to reach others through them. Allow God's light and love to flow through your face and lips today.

The Father can make a profound impact in the lives of others when You submit yourself to be used of Him as an agent of positive change.

Father, I know that I represent You daily. Therefore, I declare, right now, by faith, that I will represent You in a positive way. I allow Your light and Your love to flow through my face, heart, and lips. I will maintain a smile on my face, a spring in my step, a song in my heart, and a positive Word in my lips. I am an agent of positive change. I am here to BE a blessing and I will BE just that today and every day. Use me Father to share Your goodness with all those I come in contact with! In Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment