Friday, April 23, 2010

4 facets of the Language of Faith





The word “developing” is in the title of this series for a reason. When we come to Christ we do so with a set vernacular. After being Born-Again we have to learn a new language – a language that lines up with God’s Word and His opinion of us. To do so we must allow the Holy Spirit and the Word of God to transform our thoughts, words and actions. Once we change the way we think, we will change the way we speak. Once we change the way we think and speak, we will change the way we act. Once we change the way we act, we have changed! Let’s take a look at
4 facets of the Language of Faith that will help bring about that change: For those that know me personally they know that I have been teaching on this issue for about 2 months now. Maybe it because it is such a important subject.

1. The Language of Faith’s vocabulary is found in the Word of God (Jer 1:12). When I joined the staff at my work I had to learn medical terminology and the plethora of acronyms that the Doctors use. Likewise, when I was Born-Again, I had to learn what things like salvation, redemption, atonement, sanctification, propitiation and etc; meant. I learned them through the Word of God and more importantly, I started to align my thinking and speaking with what I was learning. I allowed my learning to turn into living. I was turning the corner from information to application. We must all learn the language of faith and put it in practice if we are to change.

2. The Language of Faith speaks pertinent promises. Once I learned that there were scriptures that promised me peace when I was troubled, health when I was sick, deliverance when I was bound, restoration when I was alienated, and etc., I had to consciously choose to speak those promises. Likewise, you can do the same. No matter what you are facing, find out what the Bible has to say about your situation and then stand on those pertinent promises. The language of faith speaks pertinent promises in order to expect and experience supernatural change.

3. The Language of Faith speaks the desired outcome (Rom 4:17). I had to train myself not to simply speak what I saw. That is too easy and it really does not help. Nursing and rehearsing the problem will simply keep me in it longer. Speaking only what I see does not require faith at all (Heb 11:1). I had to train myself – under this new language – to speak things, in accordance with the Word of God, that I fully believed in my heart would happen, BEFORE they happened. Learning to live by faith requires an inner belief that God’s Word and His promises will come to pass in our lives. You will speak what you really believe. So after you pray, believing that God heard You and that He will ‘show up’ in your situation, it is then incumbent upon you to line up your speech with what you say you believe. When someone asks you about it – after you have already prayed, in faith – what you say NEXT is really the litmus test for whether or not you really believe. If you fully expect God to do it, then it will come out in your speech. But if fear, doubt, and unbelief come out, then you are actually hindering everything you prayed.

4. The Language of Faith continues to speak the desired outcome until it comes to pass. It is foolish to think that everything in Christ is going to come easy. You can find the right promise, speak the right things, and release your faith, but there will always be opposition. The key is to NOT allow what you see (opposition) to change what you say (faith). You must continue to speak the desired outcome until God brings it to pass in your life!

Father, I commit myself to learning the language of faith and to developing this language in my life. I learn Your vocabulary through Your Word. I find the promises that pertain to my situation, I make prayers that are in accordance with Your Word and promises, and I then speak words of faith while I wait on You. I do not allow what I see to change what I say. I never cancel out my faith with doubt. I doubt my doubts and have faith in my faith. I stand on the Word. I stand on Your promises. I fully believe, I have overwhelming confidence, and I am unwaveringly certain that You will bring to pass Your best in my life. You always remain true to Your Word and that is why I am making a commitment to speak like You would have me to speak, so I can have what You want me to have and become who You want me to be. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment