Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Conclusion (Part I)




Today and tomorrow we will bring this series to a close. We have only been involved in it for a couple of months now, but it seems like we have covered a lot of ground and I pray you have developed a Strong/Warrior Spirit along the way. The reality is that we need a strong spirit because we do face a real enemy who comes at us in real ways. The good news is, however, that we also have a real God who will work in, with, and through us in real ways, if we have the faith to cooperate with Him.

What I will do over the next couple of days is highlight a few of the lessons we have learned and I trust this recap will help to 'seal' the message of this series in your heart.

1. Never quit: James said, "Take the old prophets as your mentors. They put up with anything, went through everything, and never once quit, all the time honoring God. What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You've heard, of course, of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end" (5:10,11). Paul said, "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up" (Gal 6:9). This has been the reoccurring theme of this series, so I listed it first. Simply put: Warriors simply refuse to quit!

2. Don't cast away your confidence: The writer of Hebrews said, "Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised" (10:35,36). Once you lose your confidence it is only a matter of time before you drift into fear, doubt, and unbelief. Once you get into fear, doubt, and unbelief you will not be able to stand very long. Once you can no longer stand, you will make fear-filled (and not faith-filled) decisions. Fear-filled decisions will not produce results that are pleasing to God; therefore they will not be pleasing to you either.

3. Keep the faith 'till the end: In Paul's last letter he said, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2nd Tim 4:7). Paul could not claimed to finish his course if he did not know what it was. Paul found, followed, and finished the course the Father had designed for his life. You must be determined to do the same. Paul's course was not an easy one and while I seriously doubt yours will be as hard as his, yours will involve your fair share of challenges. But no matter what you face on the road to your destiny, don't allow anything to keep you from arriving there. Keep the faith - which means that you must remain 'in-faith' along the way - and finish your course!

4. Be strong in God's grace: In Paul's last letter he also said the following to his spiritual son Timothy: "You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus... Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus" (2nd Tim 2:3). Like Timothy, you will have to endure hardship as a good solider of Christ Jesus, but you don't have to endure it with your power alone. Summon God's grace and rely on it. God's ability on your ability will enable you to do what you could never accomplish alone!

Father, I thank You for helping me to develop a strong/warrior spirit. I declare, by faith, that I will never quit. No matter what I face on the road to Your expected end for my life, I will face it head-on, in faith, and with complete confidence. I trust in You with my whole heart and I am not afraid. Fear has no power over me. I feed my faith and starve my doubts daily and my steady diet of Your Word enables me to have STAYING POWER. I am in this thing to the end and I am determined to enjoy the ride. I am strong in Your Grace. Your grace enables me to do what I could never do all alone. You are on me, in me, with me, and for me! Glory! I am excited about my future! In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment