Friday, August 27, 2010

The Conclusion (Part II)






1. Remember, God is looking for Faith: When Jesus encountered a Roman man who possessed exceptional faith and He said, "Most certainly I tell you, I haven't found so great a faith, not even in Israel" (Mat 8:10). The words "I haven't found" tell me that faith is what Jesus was looking for. So when you are looking for answers, remember God is looking for faith! In His estimation, there is nothing is impossible to him that believes. If you supply the faith, God will get involved in your situation.

2. God wants your Cooperation: Paul said, "By God's grace I am what I am." But he knew that he could not stop there, because that sounds like he had no part in the matter. Someone could read that and say, "Well, my life is all up to God." No, Paul went on to say, "I worked harder than all the others." This made it clear Paul had a part in the matter, but that does not sound good either. Someone might think he was being arrogant. So Paul continued and said, "Not I, of course, but God's grace that was with me" (1st Cor 15:10). This shows that Paul had part and God had a part. God will not force Himself on you. For God to fully operate in your life, He is looking for your cooperation. Without God, we cannot. Without us, God will not. It is God + man making a difference in the world.

3. God also expects you to Trust Him: Never question God's ability. There is nothing that God cannot do. While you may not be sure if He WILL, you must be convinced that He CAN! But even if He doesn't, you must never throw in the towel. Faith says, "I believe God will do it." But trust says, "Even if He doesn't, He is still my God and I will still worship Him!" You are not always going to get what you want from God and things are not always going to go your way, but you must continue to trust God, no matter the circumstances.

4. Maintain an attitude of Thanksgiving: In Paul's first letter to the church in Thessalonica he was teaching them how to live a life that is pleasing to God. In his closing remarks Paul said: "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thes 5:16-18). How do we live a life that is pleasing to God? By maintaining our joy, by keeping an active prayer life, and by giving thanks to God IN all circumstances. Notice that he said "IN" all circumstances and not "FOR" all circumstances. Not everything that happens is good and we will not like everything that we face, but we should have the confidence in God, because of our relationship with Him, to know that 'at the end of the day' we will still come out on top. It is because we know that God can get good out of any situation that we are able to give Him thanks IN it, although we don't always give Him thanks FOR it.

5. Never lose heart: Paul said, "Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart" (2 Cor 4:1). When you think about the mercy of God (how you should have been consumed by now) and the assignment God has for your life (with all that He expects from you), you just CAN'T give up. The Greek word used here for "lost heart" means: to turn out a coward; to lose one's courage; then to be fainthearted, to faint, or to despond in view of trial, difficulty, etc. Paul was not disheartened, discouraged, or deterred by the difficulties he faced and neither must you. The consciousness of being entrusted with such a ministry animated him and the mercy and grace of God sustained him. The same can and should be said of you!

Father, I know You are looking for faith and I will supply it. I live by faith, I see every situation through the lens of faith, and I speak the language of faith daily. I cooperate with all You desire to do in my life. My faith believes that You WILL do all that I am believing You for. However, even if things don't turn out the way that I expect them to, I will never throw in the towel and walk away from You. You saved me from hell, You changed me from the inside out, and I will worship You forever. I trust You wholeheartedly. My faith and trust help me to maintain an attitude of thanksgiving daily and since I keep praise on my lips, trust in my heart, and faith as my foundation, I never lose heart! I am a believer and not a doubter and I operate in faith and not fear, because I have a Warrior Spirit! In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment