Monday, June 21, 2010

Warrior Spirit


Over the next couple of weeks I am going to take a break from our current Proverbs series to deal with a topic that has been heavy in my spirit for a few weeks.

I am in the middle of a 'faith fight' in my personal life so I have been feeding my faith and starving my doubts. I keep hearing the words "Developing a Fighting Spirit." And then yesterday I was too exhausted to go to church and was listened to a service over the internet where this Pastor Sam Hamby (from Florida) preached a message entitled, "Renewing a Warrior Spirit."

The Father really spoke to me in that message and my faith was certainly stirred. The message blessed me so that I am led to share some of it with you. So, I glean from my notes from the message, along with my own. I trust this mini-series will be a blessing to you and me. While we will skip around to different passages, the main passage is found in 2nd Samuel 23. In this chapter we are introduced to David's mighty men:

"These are the names of David's mighty men: Josheb-Basshebeth, a Tahkemonite, was chief of the Three; he raised his spear against eight hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. Next to him was Eleazar son of Dodai the Ahohite. As one of the three mighty men, he was with David when they taunted the Philistines gathered [at Pas Dammim] for battle. Then the men of Israel retreated, but he stood his ground and struck down the Philistines till his hand grew tired and froze to the sword. The LORD brought about a great victory that day. The troops returned to Eleazar, but only to strip the dead. Next to him was Shammah son of Agee the Hararite. When the Philistines banded together at a place where there was a field full of lentils, Israel's troops fled from them. But Shammah took his stand in the middle of the field. He defended it and struck the Philistines down, and the LORD brought about a great victory" (2nd Sam 23:8-12).

Of the three mighty men listed we will focus primarily on Shammah.

So what does this mean to you ? This message is simply an introduction to the passage and topic - tomorrow we will begin to dissect this passage - but I will give a few of the things I believe will come out of this series:

1. Just like we serve a real God, we also have to deal with a real satan. If Jesus had to deal with satan and his kingdom, what makes you think you are exonerated?

2. There is a Godward part and a manward part of most things God desires to do in our lives. The enemy does all he can to KEEP US from fulfilling the manward part.

3. Fear is an incapacitating force that moves satan and disappoints God. On the other hand, faith is an empowering force that moves God and stifles satan.

4. God can turn wimps into warriors and cowards into champions!

5. God can do more with you once you get started!

6. For God to fully operate in your life, He is looking for you to co-operate with Him!

7. Nothing is impossible to him that believes!


Father, on this Monday morning I thank You for stirring my Spirit and rekindling my faith. I declare, in Jesus' name, that I have a Warrior Spirit. I know that I have a real enemy, but I also know that I have a real God, who has given me real power, and that will show up in my life in real ways! I am not afraid of satan or his demons. I am fully persuaded and overwhelmingly confident that my God will do what He has destined, designed, and desired to do in my life. Father, You want to operate in, with, and through me; and I declare that I will co-operate with You every step of the way! I enter this week with fearless confidence and immense courage! In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment