Friday, November 20, 2009

Making Every Day a Feast




(Prov 15:15 GW) Every day is a terrible day for a miserable person, but a cheerful heart has a continual feast Continual Feast


This morning we continue our series, In this verse Solomon goes back to dealing with the importance of filling our heart with good things. He tells us that when our heart is full of the Word of God our life will be a continual feast. However, those who fill their hearts with wicked things live as men most miserable.

The Message Bible reads: “A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song.” It’s clear that we have two choices. We can either live the wonderful life the Father desires for us to live or we can miserable lives. The reality is that since many believers have never renewed their minds and never filled their hearts with good things, they live beneath God’s best.

Believe me, there are many people who are saved, but miserably saved. Yes, God wants us to make it to heaven, but He also wants us to enjoy the ride (see John 10:10). Later on Solomon said,

“As a man thinks in his heart, so is he” (23:7). If your heart is full of negative things, then your words, your perspective, and your life will be negative.

This reminds me of a story of two farmers. One farmer was always positive, while the other was always negative. When it rained the positive farmer would say, “Lord, I thank you for the rain. We need to rain to water the crops. We are going to have a great harvest this year. Thank you!” The negative farmer would hear the positive one and reply with, “Man, what are you talking about? If it keeps raining like this the fields are going to get flooded. I have been reading about floods and the damage they can make.” When the sun would come out and shine bright, the positive farmer would say, “Lord, now I thank You for the sun. We need the sunlight for the crops. We are going to have a great harvest this year. Thank you!” But then again, the negative farmer would be right there to provide a rebuttal, saying, “There you go again. Don’t you know that if we keep getting sun like this that it will scorch the fields? I have been reading about droughts and it looks like we’re headed in that direction.” It’s obvious that the negative man was reading the wrong things. Well, one day, the positive man got a new hunting dog. He loved his dog. The dog could do amazing things. He approached the negative farmer and said, “Man, you MUST go hunting with me. You have to see my new dog in action.” Reluctantly, the negative farmer agreed. They went duck hunting the next morning. After a while ducks came flying by. The positive farmer took his aim, took the shot, and sure enough, he hit a duck. The duck landed in the water and then, with all the posture of a proud pet owner, the positive farmer said, “Now watch this. Go boy, go!” The dog took off like lightning. He ran so fast that he ran ON TOP of the water. He picked up the duck in full stride, made a 180 degree turn ON TOP of the water, and then ran back. The positive farmer stood there beaming. He had a smile from ear to ear. He was waiting for the negative farmer to finally say something positive. But all the negative farmer said was: “Man, that dog can’t even swim!” What the moral of the story?

The point is that when your heart is negative, you can find something negative in anything!


So what does this mean to you t? To answer that question I will share with you something Paul said: “God's kingdom does not consist of what a person eats or drinks. Rather, God's kingdom consists of God's approval and peace, as well as the joy that the Holy Spirit gives” (Rom 14:17). The realization of the fact that you are in God’s Kingdom and that His Kingdom is in you should change you from the inside out, so that you can live God’s best life now!

Father, thank You for building me up this morning. I realize that I am in You and that You are in me. You did not establish Your Kingdom for an earthly takeover, yet. The purpose of Your Kingdom right now is to takeover our hearts and minds. I know I have received Your approval, which makes me righteous. I know I have received Your peace, which cannot be disturbed. I know I have received Your joy, which cannot be shaken. And since I have the righteousness, peace and joy of the Holy Spirit I can enter every day with great expectations. I have a cheerful heart and everyday for me is a continual feast! In Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment