Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blessed TO BE a Blessing



Blessed TO BE a Blessing

Paulette Fraticelli

Prov 8:30-34 MSG) Delighted with the world of things and creatures, happily celebrating the human family. "So, my dear friends, listen carefully; those who embrace these my ways are most blessed. Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don't squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day's work.

In our last message Lady Wisdom told us that she was the architect behind creation. She had God put the earth on the exact axis it needs to be so that our atmosphere remains intact. She led Him to place the earth in the proper distance from the sun - any closer and we would burn, any further and we would freeze. She was behind it all.

Creation is such an amazing feat that numerous books have been written about the marvelous works of God in it. There have been countless scientists who have dedicated years, some even their lifetimes, to the work of proving evolution, only come to the conclusion that there MUST have been someone behind the creation of the planet. Even many non-believers say that "Intelligent Design," was behind creation. Solomon gives the credit to Lady Wisdom and tells us plainly that her vast wisdom is available to us.In this passage Solomon urges us to listen carefully. After telling us that Lady Wisdom put the 'intelligence' in Intelligent Design, he tells us that if we embrace her we will be most blessed.


Verse after verse, chapter after chapter, God through Solomon is telling us that He desires that we will live life His way. Why? So that we can enjoy His best. He wants us to life long and fruitful lives. No loving father wants destruction, disaster and death for their children. He wants so dearly to bless us, but because He is a God of integrity, He cannot go against His Word. He will not bless mess. That's why He wants us to live our lives by His principles. He tells us here to live a life of discipline and to develop self-control, because without discipline we can easily squander our lives away. Year upon year can go by and before we know it, we are at the end of our lives, without anything to show for it. Please don't squander your life away. Attempt - with all your heart - to be the blessed man/woman God desires for you to be.

Solomon tells us that this blessed man/woman awakens alert and responsive, ready to start their day's work. Why? Because they start every day in prayer. They seek direction, guidance, insight and understanding. They know that their day is too important to attempt to face it alone. They spend quality time with the Father and they walk with Him throughout the day. This practice, this discipline, this dedication, enables them to develop into the person God intends for them to be. Once they are, He can truly bless them without measure. Once they are blessed, then they are prepared to BE the blessing He needs for them to be in their environment. "Blessed to be a blessing," that's what He promised to Abraham and to his seed. Are you ready to receive the blessing? Are you ready to BE a blessing?

So what does this mean? It means that God wants to use you to make a difference in your sphere of influence, but before He does, He needs you to be disciplined. He wants to bless you, but He refuses to bless the lazy, disobedient and ill prepared. So please do your part. Enter every day with the proper attitude. Spend quality time with the Father in prayer. Seek His guidance and insight. Ask Him for revelation and understanding. Seek - with your whole heart - to do things His way.

If you do these things, then your loving, caring and sharing heavenly Father will have no reason to withhold His best from you!


When I fist started writing this series I was attacked about not using wisdom by a very close friend and confidant. The enemy is very cunning and at times uses our closes friends or some one we respect. Why? Because their word or actions is what would/could really hurt us the most. A close friends disapproving words can cut like a knife. Fortunately for me I knew that this was a fiery dart form the enemy. I also know that he could not use a stranger to pull off his attack as I would not have accepted it, and would know immediately the source of the attack. I knew that what this person said to me was not what God would say so I could dismiss it and realized it was not God’s best for me.

Father, I declare, by faith, that I do my part and You do yours. I forgive quickly and love freely. I enter into this day and every day with great expectation. I pray, I seek Your face, and I am determined to live my life in accordance with Your Word. I do things Your way and I get Your desired results. My mind is alert, my body is awake, my spirit is attuned and I am ready to BE a blessing today. Bless me to BE a blessing, Father, and use me for Your glory! In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Well one thing I've noticed wherever I wander
    Everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander
    You can do what you will with the days you are given
    I'm trying to spend mine on the business of living
    So I'm singing my songs off of any old stage
    You can laugh if you want - I'll still say....
    Seize the day - seize whatever you can
    'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand
    Seize the day - pray for grace from God's hand
    Then nothing will stand in your way
    Seize the day

    --Carolyn Arends

    ReplyDelete