Tuesday, March 3, 2009


Witty Inventions and Ideas
BY Paulette Fraticelli

(Prov 8:12 KJV) I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

In this text Solomon tells us that Lady Wisdom will give us prudence. Webster defines prudence as: sagacity or shrewdness in the management of affairs; skill and good judgment in the use of resources. When we are Born-Again and the Holy Spirit lives inside of us, we have the ability to tap into Godly wisdom 24/7. In addition to what the Bible teaches us, the Holy Spirit Himself will lead, guide, and direct us in the way that we should go. It is this guidance that gives us sagacity in daily affairs.

I believe in education, but I want to be clear that oftentimes God, through His wisdom and revelation, will lead us to do something that we did not learn within the halls of higher-education. Let me use George Washington Carver as an example. He was an educated man, but what he did with a peanut extended far beyond what he learned in school. It is said that he would lock himself in his laboratory for hours at a time, with nothing but His Bible, peanuts, and a pad and pencil.

He would ask God to show him what he could do with a peanut and his time with God resulted in over 100 useful products made from peanuts that include: cosmetics, dyes, paints, plastics, gasoline and nitroglycerin. He got all of this from a peanut. Why? Because he took the time to allow God to give him wisdom beyond the natural. Theologian Adam Clarke, when commenting on this verse said, "Prudence is defined, wisdom applied to practice; so wherever true wisdom is, it will lead to action, and its activity will be always in reference to the accomplishment of the best ends by the use of the most appropriate means. Hence comes what is here called knowledge of witty inventions." As I prayed over this verse this morning I thought of many Biblical characters. A good example is Joseph. His brothers sold him as a slave and he wound up in Potiphar's house. It took him no time to apply the wisdom God was giving him. Before he knew it, Potiphar had promoted him to the lead position on the compound. He was in charge of everything.

Nothing in the Bible suggests that Joseph was naturally prepared for such a job. It was the wisdom of God upon his life that gave him the ideas he needed, to set things in place, in such a way as to get results. Potiphar noticed that everything Joseph touched turned out well, so he promoted him all the way up to the #1 position. We know that Joseph later wound up in a state-run prison.

Guess what happened there? The wisdom of God, leading him to make decisions that produced results, caused him to get promoted again. Before he knew it he was running a government facility. He was in charge of everything! And finally, we know that he got his big chance to stand in front of Pharaoh. Once again, by the wisdom/revelation of God, he interpreted Pharaoh's dream and Pharaoh promoted him to the #1 position in all of Egypt. Joseph was over everyone but Pharaoh.
Nothing happened, in the entire nation, without Joseph's approval.

By the wisdom of God Joseph came up with an elaborate system of collecting, storing, and then distributing grain that made Egypt the most powerful nation on the planet. It was not formal education that prepared him for the fiscal and logistical challenges the nation was facing, but rather the wisdom of God. God's wisdom enabled him to come up with the ideas he needed to make Egypt successful and to save the lives of millions in the midst of a famine. So what does this mean It simply means that God's wisdom - from His Word and His Spirit - can give you insight, revelation, and knowledge for witty inventions and ideas that you might not get any other way. I can't tell you the countless times the Lord has given me great ideas for work or in my life group. I am considered a 'critical thinker' and I do love to think, but I believe most of my ideas are birthed from my prayer life. The same is available to you! Father, I thank You for prudence, insight, revelation, and knowledge for witty inventions and good ideas. As I pray and read Your Word, I believe You will reveal to me things that I need to do; practical things that will make a difference in my life, home, workplace, and church. Use me Father, for Your glory! In Jesus' name. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by Marsha Burns -- March 3, 2009:
    Beloved, even in the midst of uncertainty, I will open doors that will offer unexpected opportunities to do what you have never considered. Do not be afraid, and you will enter a time of greater sensitivity both in the spiritual realm and in the natural realm. If you refuse to allow discouragement to take you captive, you will find a new level of freedom beyond anything you could imagine. Be obedient to My leading, and stay flexible, for I am with you and will be with you at all times, says the Lord. Trust Me!
    Proverbs 8:12 I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for sharing this wealth with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. It really inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! Great revelation!
    Indeed God speaks through His own. I am so blessed reading this.

    ReplyDelete