Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wisdom is the Difference Maker

BY Paulette Fraticelli
Prov 8:13 NIrV) To have respect for the LORD is to hate evil. I hate pride and bragging. I hate evil ways and twisted words.


In our last message we learned that God does want us to walk in His wisdom and He wants us to experience His best for our lives, but His desire to bless us does not give us a license to sin. He expects His wisdom upon our lives to lead us from and not towards sin. Our heavenly Father wants us to live pure, upright, and consecrated lives, so that we can be the light He needs us to be in a dark world.In this passage Solomon continues to speak as 'Lady Wisdom' and she tells us that common sense and success belong to her. One of the things I learned some time ago is that common sense is not all that common; but for those that possess it, our text tells us where it came from. Jehovah tells us that He is the source of all true wisdom. James made it plain when he said, "Every good and perfect gift is from God" (James 1:17).

While there are many things in the world that God did not do, that He did not originate and that He did not intend, everything that is good can be traced back to Him. Believe me, the enemy is not out to do good. His purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). That being the case, we can see how God's hand is behind the good done by kings, rulers and those in authority. God tells us that rulers lead with his help and it is only because of His wisdom that nobles can make righteous judgments. I like to read and I have read quite a few books on personal development, management and leadership principles. What I have found is that most of the principles that work have their roots in the Bible. Everything from developing a vision and mission statement for unity of purpose, delegation of authority, unity of command, personal meditation, hard work, diligence, dedication, and etc. all have biblical roots.

Its funny to me when I discuss a topic with someone who just read a book about it (whatever the "it" may be), only to find out that I know more about that topic than the person discussing it with me; not because I read their book, but because I read the Bible.

I have been walking with God for just over 9 years now and I am convinced that His book is a book of wisdom. I routinely have engaging conversations and professional interaction with strong intellectuals and I am thankful to God that I am (now) never ill prepared. I am able to articulate my thoughts, make my case, and oftentimes receive the desired result, all because of the wisdom of God. And the more I am exposed to bright minds, the more I realize that the wisdom that works is the wisdom from God. Common sense and success belong to Him.So what does this mean? To the leader it means that you should acknowledge God as the source of all true wisdom. Don't allow arrogance to make you think that you achieved what you have achieved by yourself I could do a entire series on this issue.

Humble yourself before God and He will take you to new levels of success and wisdom. To the led it means that we should pray for our leaders, not fight against them. If God is able to help rulers to lead - and He can - then we are to pray for those in authority. Pray for God's wisdom to operate freely in the lives of your leaders and pray for wisdom in your own life for dealing with superiors and subordinates alike.

You will be amazed at the difference God's wisdom, when properly applied, can make in your life.


Father, I acknowledge You as the source of all true wisdom. Every good and perfect gift comes from You. I speak life and not death over my leaders. I say that they are wise, that they exercise righteous judgment, and I support them in every endeavor. I also thank You for those that I lead. I declare that I have perfect wisdom concerning every situation. I face every challenge head-on and I am able to make timely and accurate decisions daily. I lead well, because I am led well. I follow You and it enables me to both follow and lead others. Your wisdom is the difference maker in my life! In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. James 1:5 (Amplified Bible)

    If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.

    ReplyDelete