Monday, March 30, 2009


Words


Paulette Fraticelli

(Prov 10:6 AMP) Blessings are upon the head of the [uncompromisingly] righteous (the upright, in right standing with God) but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.

Good Morning Happy Monday!! This morning we continue our series, Walking in the Wisdom of God. Here Solomon contrasts the blessing (the Good Life) experienced by the righteous with the trouble of the wicked and he makes a connection between their words and what they experience.
Although it is not stated, the implication is that the righteous are speaking words of life and the wicked are speaking words of death. Most people are simply not aware how important their words are. Later on in Proverbs Solomon tells us that our tongue literally yields the power of life and death (Prov 18:21). If more people understood how important their words are, they probably would not say half the things they say.


If you understand the Bible you know that God has set up His system in such a way that no person can really determine what happens in your life but you and no words are more important in your life than your own words.

Your spirit responds to your voice like no other. To see this more clearly let's read this verse from the New International Reader's Version. The NIV says, "Blessings are like crowns on the heads of those who do right. But the trouble caused by what sinners say destroys them." Solomon says that sinners open the door to trouble with their own lips and if that is true (and it is), then the opposite must be true.




The righteous open the door to the Blessing with our own lips. When we choose to speak life and not death, blessing and not cursing, victory and not defeat, we open the door to the manifestation God's best in our lives. Jesus said it best when He said, "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit. You can tell what a tree is like by the fruit it produces... Good people do good things because of the good in their hearts. Bad people do bad things because of the evil in their hearts.




Your words show what is in your heart" (Luke 6:43-45), and, "But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken" (Mat 12:36).

Jesus explains that he issue of your words is an issue of your heart. Your heart is like soil and it receives whatever seed you put in it. There are two ways to sow seed in the soil of your heart: your ears and your eyes. What goes through your ear gate and your eye gate eventually gets down in your heart and it will bring forth a harvest. The harvest comes out of your mouth. That's why Jesus said that your words show what's in your heart. To change your output you must change your input.




So what does this mean? A few things:


1. The words you speak are a litmus test for what's down in your heart.


2. You are connected to your words and daily, your words are telling everyone who you are


.3. If you don't like the message your words are portraying about you, then it is time to change


.4. To change your words you must change your heart.


5. To change your heart you must change your input: what you see and hear.


6. If you can change your input, you can change the condition of your heart; if you can change the condition of your heart, you will change the quality of your words; if you can change your words, you can change your life!


7. Your words can either open the door to Blessing or the door to trouble - choose wisely!




Father, I know my words come out of the abundance of my heart. My heart is filled with what I allow through my eyes and ears. I declare, by faith, that I check my input and I fill my heart with good things. As I fill my heart with things that are pleasing to You, my words will indicate the condition of my heart. My words will be words of blessing and not cursing, of good and not evil. Once my input is pure, my heart is right, and my words are righteous, then I cannot help but be blessed. I change my life by changing my words and I experience the life You desire for me to experience. In Jesus' name. Amen!


1 comment:

  1. Paulette, Thank You for your amazing messages!
    You are a blessing in my life!

    ReplyDelete