Thursday, March 5, 2009

Seeking God For Success



March 5 2009

Seeking God for True Success

Paulette Fraticelli
Women of Destiny


(Prov 8:17-19 CEV) I love everyone who loves me, and I will be found by all who honestly search. I can make you rich and famous, important and successful. What you receive from me is more valuable than even the finest gold or the purest silver.

In our last message we learned how God's wisdom can truly be difference maker in our lives. Lady Wisdom continues to speak to us this morning about the benefits of walking in her ways. Let's see what these verses mean to you today: -- I love everyone who loves me, and I will be found by all who honestly search: First of all, we must settle the issue of God's love in our heart. God loves us and He desires for us to live long, full, and fulfilling lives. That's why He makes wisdom available to us. Lady Wisdom is available and out text says that she will be found by all those that honestly search for her.

The point is that Godly wisdom is not just going to fall into your lap, but it will not hide from you either. If you seek wisdom, if you read the Word, if you pray earnestly, God will reveal or unveil His guidance, insight, revelation and knowledge for living to you. If you do your part (seeking), He will do His (revealing). And one final point this from portion of the text is that the KJV says, "Those that seek me early shall find me." Not only should we seek God and earnestly pursue His wisdom –

His way of doing things - but I am a firm believer that we should seek Him early in the morning. We live in a time where, email, calendars, news programs, ESPN and etc. consume our time. If you are not careful you will rush right into the day without truly being prepared for it. When you seek God early, before you do anything, you are much better prepared to face every challenge head on. Why? Because you are confident that you are walking with God and He is walking with you - together you overcome any hindrance, obstacle or issue.


-- I can make you rich and famous, important and successful: One of the greatest tricks of the enemy is to attempt to get us to pursue, by unrighteous means, the things that God can bless us with when we live an upright life. How did satan trick Eve in the garden? He told her that if she ate of the fruit that she would be like God.

Well, guess what? She was already like God. She was already created in the image and after the likeness of God. She already had dominion over the fish of the sea, the beasts of the field and the birds of the air. She was already blessed. She already had everything she needed. She was able to walk with God, uninterrupted, in the cool of the day. She had it all, but she threw it all away because she was tricked into thinking that satan had something better to offer. God here says that He can make us rich, famous, important and successful. The point is that we don't have to compromise our values and integrity to get ahead. If we do things God's way we can still experience success in life and we get the added benefit of a clear conscience a free heart, and a peaceful soul.


-- What you receive from me is more valuable than even the finest gold or the purest silver: Life is about more than just money. Although money is "a" factor, it should not be "the" driving factor in our lives. If you make all your decisions based upon money alone, you will find yourself like Eve - comprising to get ahead. What God has to offer is bigger than money and the good news is that it does not exclude it. If you live your life God's way you can still be strong and stable financially, but more importantly, you will also have a healthy body, a sound mind, a close-knit family and a better understanding of true success in life. God's wisdom is much more valuable than silver and gold, pursue her with your whole heart.


Father, I declare, by faith, that I will seek You early in the morning. Before I face my day I take the time to seek Your face. My morning time with You enable me to tell my day what type of day it is going to be. Lady Wisdom is operating in my life and she gives me a healthy understanding of money. I can have money, because money does not have me. I know that money makes an excellent servant, but a poor master, and I declare that money is not my master, You are! I seek You with my whole heart and I experience the success in life that You desire for me to experience, so that I can make a difference everywhere You send me. The more You bless me, the more I am a blessing to others! In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment