Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Maximizing Your Potential and Purpose


Maximizing Your Potential and Purpose


Paulette Fraticelli


March 11 2009




(Prov 8:35,35 MSG) When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of GOD's good pleasure. But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you're flirting with death."



In our last message Lady Wisdom told us not to squander our lives. The reason the Lord wants us to live a disciplined, dedicated and determined life is so that we can maximize our purpose and potential, in the earth, before we die.




Let's say you created something with an explicit intended purpose. You put everything it needed to complete that purpose inside of it. Your creation, being a product of your design, would be especially prepared to complete the purpose you intended for it.




But let's say that you then chose to set two key parameters:


1) the creation would have to discover the purpose you put inside of them.


2)and it would have a choice as to whether or not it wanted to complete your purpose or go down another road.




There are obviously many more parameters in the story of man, but I hope you see the parallel. We are free moral agents. We can choose to either accept or reject God. We can choose to pursue or ignore our purpose. We can choose to maximize our potential or simply squander our lives. The bottom line is that the choice is ours.




From the creator's perspective the choice is clear. He wants us to maximize our potential and purpose. He wants us to arrive it His desired end for our lives and He will do all that He can - without violating our free will - to help us to arrive there. This is where God's Word, Spirit and wisdom come in. He provided us His will (documented) in His Word and He provided us His Spirit to lead, guide and direct us through life. Our text says that when we find wisdom we find real life.




Why does Solomon call it "real" life? Because it is the life that God intends for us to have. Listen, walking with God is about much more than just missing hell. Sure, He does not want you to go to hell, and that is why Jesus paid the penalty for your sin on Calvary's Cross. But if you are a Born-Again believer and all God intended for you to do was to miss hell, then you could die right now. The reason you are still alive is because purpose is still alive in your life. God is not through with You. You still have potential locked up inside of you. You still have purpose flowing through your veins.




I've heard it said that he richest soil on the planet is found in cemeteries. Why? Because of all the people that die full of purpose and potential. Countless riches (eternal) have been buried in cemeteries all over the world. Don't let it happen to you. Determine to die empty. Make a decision today that will change the rest of your life. Solomon says that when we reject wisdom we damage our very soul and we are flirting with death. Bigger than just physical death, he is talking about killing our purpose and potential.




God wants dearly for you to maximize everything He put inside of you, but because He is a God of integrity, He will never violate the order He has established. He will not violate your free will. He will do everything He can to help you, but at the end of the day, the choice is yours. You can either walk in His wisdom and enjoy His good pleasure or you can reject His wisdom and wind up damaging your own soul and flirting with premature death. What will you choose?




Father, I know that You are the Creator and I am the creation. I thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to die so that I could live. I have accepted Him as my Lord and I have eternal life. But I know that Your work in my life, in the earth, is not done. Therefore, I declare, by faith, that I will maximize the potential and purpose You put down inside of me. I make Godly decisions daily. Every day I get incrementally closer to Your expected end for my life. I refuse to die full. I will get out of me all that You put in me and in-so-doing, I glorify You with my life and living! In Jesus' name. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment