Friday, September 4, 2009


The Importance of Prayer

(Mat 6:6 NLT) But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

I take a pause this Friday morning to share a quick not about the importance of prayer. This has been heavy in my heart. While prayer is quite possibly the most important activity a believer can do, it is also the something that mystifies and frustrates many believers.

For this morning I simply want to share a short poem I memorized many years ago, about prayer, that has been a reminder to me that I need to pray daily and continually. The author is anonymous, but the message is powerful. It’s called “The Difference.”

The Difference

I got up one morning,
And I rushed right into the day,
I had so much to accomplish,
That I did not have time to pray.

As the day went on,
Heavier came each task,
I said, “Lord, why don’t you help me?”
He said, “Child, you didn’t ask.”

Hour upon hour,
The day toiled on gray and bleak,
I said, “Lord, why don’t you help me?”
He said, “daughter you didn’t seek.”

Finally, I tried to come into God’s presence,
I used all my keys at the lock,
I said, “Lord, why don’t you let me in?’
He said, “Only because you didn’t knock.”

So I got up this morning,
And I paused before entering the day,
Because I had so much to accomplish,
That I HAD to take time to PRAY!

The Difference!

Instead of closing with a prayer today, I ask you to simply take a few moments to pray. Pray over your workplace, your schedule, all the things you need to do today, every divine appointment the Father wants for you, your family, and yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment