Wednesday, September 9, 2009


See Your Dreams Come True



(Prov 13:19 NLT) It is pleasant to see dreams come true, but fools refuse to turn from evil to attain them.



This morning we continue our series, yesterday we dealt with making course corrections and we learned that a correction is the act of bringing back from error or deviation; that which is intended to rectify or cure faults. While we may not all enjoy being corrected, we should definitely welcome Godly correction, so that we can stay on His desired path, with the goal of arriving at his desired destination for our lives.



This morning Solomon talks to us about dreams and how we all love it when dreams come true. Dreams are powerful. Harriet Tubman, the woman who was known as the Moses of her people, said: "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." She accomplished what was unfathomable to most, because it was possible to her, because she had a dream and she determined to put the time, energy and effort behind the dream required to see it come to pass.

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.


It's awesome to dream. I love to do it. I like to take the time - every once in a while - to see myself in the future. I imagine myself doing what I believe the Lord has called me to do and it helps fuel my fire, drive and passion for the present. But I don't fool myself. I know that if the dream is ever going to come to pass, I must make the decisions and put forth the action, in the present, to take me incrementally closer to its reality. Simply put, dreams will not come to pass by accident. We must operate with purpose and focus if we ever want to see in our hands, what God has birthed in our hearts.



This is a good reminder this morning because most of us have the tendency to put our lives on autopilot. We believe we know where we are going, fully expecting to arrive someday. This technique sounds good and it could work if our path was free of obstacles and detours. The problem is that our path is never without resistance.



Even subtle changes, if unchecked, can get us severely off course.


That's' why Solomon warns us about refusing to turn from evil. Make no mistake. Just like we serve a real God, there is a real satan and he will do all that he can to get us off course. He does not want to see the manifestation of our dreams. He does not want to see God's best come to pass in our lives. So he will his best to distract and divert us from the path to our dreams. Solomon teaches us that if we refuse to turn from evil, we are fools and we WILL NOT see the manifestation of God's dreams in our lives.

So what does this mean to you? It means that self-denial, which fools refuse to endure, is essential to success. If you are going to arrive at God's desired end for your life, you are going to have to do it ON PURPOSE; not haphazardly. I will close with the words of Henry David Thoreau (author and poet). He said, "I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."

Father, I thank You for putting dreams down inside of me. Like Joseph, I am a dreamer and my dreams drives me. And like Joseph, I refuse to allow sin to derail me from Your course. I know that if I am going to see the manifestation of Your dreams I am going to have to operate on purpose and with focus, so I declare, right now, by faith, that I have the grace, the drive and the dedication to resist satan and his many attempts to get me off course. I deny satan and self on the road to Your best. I confidently advance in the direction of my dreams and I meet with uncommon success, in exceptional time, because I am walking with You and I refuse to get off course! In Jesus' name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment